Advance Your Knowledge, Role and Career Through Expert Training
Brett is a qualified and experienced Paramedic with over 30 years of experience in many facets of:
- Primary emergency health care
- Prehospital health care
- Emergency and non-emergency patient transport
- Remote area and FIFO mining medical support
- Aged care and community health support
Brett has been involved in healthcare training for over 25 years.
Brett is a recognised Education Activity Representative (EAR) with RACGP for the QI&CPD Program also holding Paramedic Qualifications and Nationally recognised professional training and assessment qualifications.
Brett has been engaged as an active Paramedic Clinical Instructor in the Victorian State Ambulance Service and South Australian State Ambulance service providing clinical training and assessment support for student paramedics undertaking Paramedical Qualifications. Brett has also been engaged as a Paramedic and Relieving Station Officer in Far North Queensland for the Queensland Ambulance Service.
Other clinical education and training support roles have been in the private patient transport industry in Melbourne assisting with Division 1 and 2 Registered Nurse conversion to Patient Transport roles such as Ambulance Attendant.
Brett has provided BLS and ALS training to Dental students at the Royal Dental Hospital in Melbourne and General Practitioners in various locations.
With a career involving emergency and non-emergency health care in diverse areas such as:
- Metropolitan and Rural Emergency Paramedic in three State Ambulance Services
- Branch and Team Manager Roles
- Clinical Instructor Roles
- Private Patient Transport Clinical Instruction, Management and Support
In providing emergency and non-emergency primary and secondary healthcare to patients in diverse locations such as:
- Capital City and surrounding suburbs (Melbourne, Adelaide and Cairns)
- Rural and Semi-Rural environments (Yarra Junction VIC, Mossman and Port Douglas FNQ)
- SANTOS Remote Area Mining FIFO Medical Facilities (Solo Practitioner, Roma, Injune, Fairview)
- Major City Inter-Hospital Coronary Care and Intensive Care Patient Transfers
- Aged Care Facilities and a variety of Community environments
- Various non-emergency home to hospital, inter-hospital and hospital transfers
Reece is a Bachelor of Human Movement Science graduate with a Major in Psychology. This has provided him with a vast scientific knowledge in areas such as strength and conditioning, health and human performance, anatomy and physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, exercise physiology and sport psychology. He has worked with numerous state, national and international teams and athletes in sports such as AFL (Australian Rules Football), Soccer/ Football, Rugby League, Swimming, Mixed Martial Arts, Golf, Basketball and Track and Field. His duties have included creating efficient workout/exercise programs, teaching athletes preventative safety measures, helping athletes work through injuries, creating effective diet plans, maintaining the athletes health throughout the season by teaching proper lifting techniques, preventative and corrective exercises, designing and delivering all rehabilitation programs.
- Bachelor Human Movement Science, majoring in Psychology
- Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management
- Diploma of Sports Development/Sports Coaching and Business
- Certificate IV Training and Assessing
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness
- Level 2 Strength and Conditioning Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA)